Women's Corner | October 2022
Want to contribute to the Women's Corner?
The 8 Steps of Atonement
Contributed by: Sis Latoya Neal
- Point out the wrong- the first stage is the most difficult of all because when we are wrong and we are not aware of it, someone has to point out the wrong.
- Acknowledge the wrong- so in this context the word acknowledge means to the truth of the fact that we have…been wrong
- Confess fault- first you confess the fault to God and then to the person or persons whom your fault has ill effected.
- Repentance- means feeling contrition or self-reproach for what one has done or failed to do.
- Atonement- means we must be willing to do something in explanation of our sins.
- Forgiveness- means to cease to feel offense and resentment against another for the harm done by an offender. It means to wipe the slate clean.
- Reconciliation and restoration- It means to resolve differences and to establish or re-establish a close relationship between previously divided persons.
- Perfect union with God- the result of completing the atonement process is achieving the perfect union with God who is best at guiding us to freedom.