Women's Corner | March 2023
Stress The Silent Killer
Want to contribute to the Women's Corner?
Stress The Silent Killer
Contributed by: Medina Nance
Stress The Silent Killer by: Medina Nance
If not handled correctly depression can turn into extreme mental disorders as well as physical disorders. This is info that can save many people from going through both. Take heed, because stress can lead down a path of pharmaceutical drugs that can be addictive and cause more problems.
- 80% of all doctors’ visits are stress related
- 1 in 5 Americans suffer from extended periods of depression
- Stress leads to chronic conditions: heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, cancer, etc.
- We spend over 40 BIL annually in the U.S. on anxiety medications
- 1 in 8 teens are depressed: 2 weeks or longer of depressed mood or loss of interest or pleasure, or problems with sleep, energy, concentration and self-image
- Prescription drugs are over prescribed and can be detrimental to your health when used over long periods of time.
Stress is a nervous system response of the body, mind to external and/or internal ‘Irritants’. Extended periods deplete needed Nutrients and weaken the body’ immune & nervous systems, thus weakening the entire body.
*STRESS IS A SILENT KILLER!
- First & foremost, prayer and faith are what we all need (consistently)
- Liquid Flax Seed Oil is one of the best ways to feed the brain (pt of yours nervous system), it’s over 60% fatty tissue and ‘needs’ good fats (Omega 3) to nourish it
- B Vitamins are essential and they are flushed out of the system during stress
- There are a whole slew of herbs for supporting the nervous system, if you’re having trouble sleeping at night, just drinking valerian root may not be enough – you need to thoroughly cleanse the liver (good to clean the oil – blood – if you’re going to cleanse the filter – liver), this is getting to the root of the issue.
Excitotoxins, don’t forget this term, like high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, MSG, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, BHT and other preservatives, red #40, blue #1, yellow #6 other color-number combo, and many other chemicals in our foods are causing Inflammation and stress (physically & mentally). Excitotoxins overstimulate neurons in the brain so much that the neurons quickly become exhausted and die. In short, excitotoxins altering the chemistry of the brain. Many of these Excitotoxins are catalysts to Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Demetria, ADD, ADHD, and I suspect more things that we are challenged with today – that we hadn’t even heard of 40-50 years ago. Evidence is available that there are excitatory neurotoxins (excitotoxins) encountered in our food supply. The human food supply, food we have available to us, is a source of excitotoxins that can damage the brain by one type of mechanism to which immature consumers are hyper vulnerable, or by other mechanisms to which adult and elderly consumers are peculiarly sensitive.
Have you seen the commercial for ABILIFY? In the commercial they’d have you double down and take a 2nd drug for your depression because the 1st one doesn’t get rid of depression, but has made the user an addict in a lot of cases – scary! Did you know that drugs like PROZAC and PAXIL (commonly used for depression, anxiety) have side effects of murderous & suicidal thoughts? Many more drugs do, but I remember a young man about 12 years old who was put on both (simultaneously) and killed his grandparents and burned their house down. The man who killed all the people at Virginia Tech and in Evanston at the college was also on anti- depressive medications – it’s becoming a ‘silent’ growing problem! I often think of Donny Hathaway and Phyllis Hyman (both Bi-Polar) who took their lives and couldn’t tolerate the effects of the drugs.
If we’d think “PREVENTION”, and utilize foods that are rich in B-Vitamins*, as well as the supplements to nourish and support our nervous systems, then we wouldn’t be under the ‘spell’ that the AMA has us under: “Wait until you’re sick and get your daily drug supply” (that’s the order of things in the U.S.), then we could prevent as well as reverse a lot of things.
- There are many foods rich in B-Vitamins, I’ve used brewer’s yeast & nutritional yeast (tastes better) as 2 that work very well. You can utilize celery & green lettuces to nourish the nerves as well.
- *B-Vitamins not only help relieve stress, they give you energy and help the body to produce Probiotics (good bacteria), and healthier blood. I’ve used them in simple programs to get thousands of people off of medications. I use B-Complex in liquid and capsule form and recently had a young man tell me, “This feels like the anti-anxiety medication, without the side effects”. He’d only take one capsule, I told him he was probably really lacking in B-Vitamins (the body produces them, but is depleted during times of stress).
Prevention and nutrition go hand in hand, we just don’t have either in our ‘health’ care system in the U.S., so we have to do it ourselves. don’t set on the fence waiting for dis-ease, be pro-active and ‘prevent’ it. While they’re arguing over all the guns (distraction), we need to take a look at how many mass murders, school shootings, etc. are due the medications for these issues, and the side effects, which are: SUICIDAL and HOSTILE (murderous) tendencies! There are degrees, some is extreme, and may need medical attention initially, but since the side effects for depression, anxiety, and other psychological issues can be suicidal and hostile for some, you may want a Plan B to safely come off of them.
CBD Oil is a great alternative too! We have a ‘major’ DRUG problem in the U.S. with sleep aids, anxiety, depression, ADD/ADHD, pain/opioids, and a host of other meds and addictions. We need help. Remember, besides ridding the symptoms, we also need to look at the CAUSE! There may be internal and external issues going on: bullying, stress, etc. along with foods, and other factors. No doubt, all the preservatives (chemical and toxins in the food and environment) play a big role. So changing the diet is a must, and start with vitamin and mineral supplements first.
Lastly, our soil is depleted so it is advised that we supplement even if don’t eat meat. The clean meats we eat graze the grass that grows in the soil, and the fruits and vegetables we eat grow in the same worn-out soil. The soil where our food is grown and the clean animals graze is bad news for our health care. According to the June 24, 2020 edition of Forbes magazine “the current rate of soil degradation, the world could run out of topsoil in about 60 years.” Sounds like we may be in trouble so supplement, supplement, supplement and tap into the power of our Father in Jesus’ name. We need him more than ever.
Tune in every Wednesday on cable access channel 21 @ 10 pm (Encores @ 12:30am)